Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
SUNY Brockport has an immediate opening for either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Hazen Center for Integrated Care, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for providing direct primary care to SUNY Brockport students.
Provide direct primary care to SUNY Brockport students by managing uncomplicated, acute illnesses and injuries, managing chronic health problems, providing health screening and teaching, making appropriate referrals and assisting in the development and implementation of preventive health education to a diverse student population. Work collaboratively and in cooperation with other health team members involved in the delivery of total patient care. Establish and maintain high standards of practice through involvement in Quality Improvement activities. Assist in the development and implementation of preventive health education. Assist in development/implementation of professional growth activities and serve on department and college-wide committees.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies/Program by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Nurse Practitioner candidates require a NYS license to practice as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant candidates require a NYS license to practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to use a computer to type notes and access electronic medical records.
- National Board Certification (required within one year of employment).
- Experience in ambulatory, urgent or emergency care, sexual and reproductive health and medication management for mental health.
- One year experience in an advance practice role.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
Hazen Student Health Center provides quality clinical and educational services that enhance The College at Brockport students’ physical, mental, emotional, and social health. Our collaborative and holistic approach to student health and development supports academic and co-curricular success, the development of healthy lifestyles, and a healthy campus community to enable a diverse student population to pursue the primary goal of acquiring an education with minimal lost time or distraction due to physical or emotional issues.
The Student Health Center is part of an integrated department along with the Counseling Center and Prevention Outreach Services. Staff include: Family Physician, Nurse practitioners, Physician Assistant, Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Office Assistant, Psychiatrist, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Certified Health Educator, MPA and Administrative staff.
Join a talented and experienced team and work on an exciting and vibrant campus.
The College and Region
SUNY Brockport serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation.
The College is located along the famous Erie Canal, in the village of Brockport in western New York State, a region known for its low cost of living and stable housing market. The College benefits from a small-town atmosphere, even while located near major metropolitan cities. Brockport is:
• 16 miles west of the city of Rochester, which is the home of the Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Rochester, the Eastman School of Music, the Strong National Museum of Play, and the Rochester Red Wings AAA baseball franchise;
• 45 miles east of Buffalo, which is the home of the University of Buffalo, the Bills NFL franchise, and the Sabres NHL franchise;
• 75 miles from Niagara Falls USA, which features the American, Horseshoe and Bridal Veil Falls;
• 140 miles from Toronto, the largest city in Canada and the home of the University of Toronto; and
• 350 miles from the many attractions of New York City.
• The area features a number of technology companies, including Paychex, Xerox, and Kodak, and other large companies such as Wegmans and Excellus. Rochester and its suburbs feature some of the highest-quality public, private, parochial, and charter schools in New York State. The region is known for its natural beauty, including Lake Ontario, the Genesee River (with three major waterfalls in Letchworth State Park), and the Finger Lakes region with its notable vineyards and wineries.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.