SUNY Brockport is seeking an energetic, motivated individual that has excellent interpersonal communication skills to fill the position of Programmer/Analyst. The Programmer/Analyst position will provide programming and system support for the Campus Enterprise Application System. The individual in this position will work closely with functional area end users and technical team members to support software applications through implementation, enhancement, integration and report development. The ideal candidate will be expected to maintain an adequate understanding of software technology, functions and operational procedures and will be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Assist in analyzing and defining project goals in support of changes or enhancements to improve program performance and application processing.
- Analysis, design, development, writing and testing of computer programs and reports to enhance and support the college’s software applications.
- Design and document operational procedures to assist in resolving and troubleshooting problems or issues.
- Provide day-to-day production troubleshooting, resolve urgent programmatic issues or client issues and provide assistance and support to administrative and academic departments.
- Provide programming and systems support for the implementation and integration of external systems with the administrative system, Ellucian Banner. Includes Degree Works, Banner Document Management System (Xtender), Blackboard, Starfish, CBORD, Nelnet, Evisions and various other applications.
- Work with primary third party vendors to update and maintain external systems.
- Develop and deliver user training and documentation.
- Collaborate with various technical and functional departments to resolve problems and provide support.
- Coordinate with other team members in providing the implementation of software applications.
- Assist with Banner systems support and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Knowledge or experience with programming in a UNIX or Linux environment.
- Experience with application programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and keep up-to-date with emerging technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a variety of constituents.
- Experience supporting Ellucian Banner software or other higher education enterprise software.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner Partner Products including Evisions, Banner Document Management System (Xtender), Degree Works, Blackboard, Starfish, CBORD, Nelnet and various other applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The Information Technology Services' mission is to provide leadership, access and support for the Brockport information and technology needs of the college community. Our vision is to provide anywhere, anytime access to applications, systems, and support needed by the College in pursuit of its mission. Strategies we are using to meet that vision are:
- Developing an agile organization to accommodate the changing IT environment including developing and adapting IT resources as needed for future demands.
- Working across organizations to implement solutions that benefit the entire College and are supportable with current staffing levels.
- Continually working with clients to improve our support and creating more opportunities for College input into IT direction.
- Standardizing technology platforms with support that optimize resources.
- Migrating to system-wide applications, solutions, and support models where possible.
- Looking to reduce redundancy and duplication of effort by combining efforts where necessary and using resources more efficiently.
- Ensuring a built-in mobile component in all that we do.
The College and Region
SUNY Brockport serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation.
The College is located along the famous Erie Canal, in the village of Brockport in western New York State, a region known for its low cost of living and stable housing market. The College benefits from a small-town atmosphere, even while located near major metropolitan cities. Brockport is:
• 16 miles west of the city of Rochester, which is the home of the Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Rochester, the Eastman School of Music, the Strong National Museum of Play, and the Rochester Red Wings AAA baseball franchise;
• 45 miles east of Buffalo, which is the home of the University of Buffalo, the Bills NFL franchise, and the Sabres NHL franchise;
• 75 miles from Niagara Falls USA, which features the American, Horseshoe and Bridal Veil Falls;
• 140 miles from Toronto, the largest city in Canada and the home of the University of Toronto; and
• 350 miles from the many attractions of New York City.
• The area features a number of technology companies, including Paychex, Xerox, and Kodak, and other large companies such as Wegmans and Excellus. Rochester and its suburbs feature some of the highest-quality public, private, parochial, and charter schools in New York State. The region is known for its natural beauty, including Lake Ontario, the Genesee River (with three major waterfalls in Letchworth State Park), and the Finger Lakes region with its notable vineyards and wineries.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.