Registered Nurses - Temporary
Reporting to the Clinic Coordinator of Hazen Center for Integrated Care, the RN provides care to students residing in Gordon Hall and performs the following major responsibilities:
- Provides direct nursing care and evaluates patients, including follow up with family and college communication as necessary.
- Assists in review of all SUNY Brockport students daily symptom tracker, including outreach and follow up to students reporting positive COVID-19 symptoms and/or contact with COVID -19.
- Provides care, compassion and understanding of student needs living in a quarantine/isolation.
- Provides onsite supervision of Gordon Hall and facilities staff as needed.
- Maintains necessary PPE and isolation precautions as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with Health Center, Emergency Operations Management, facilities, BASC and Residential life.
Gordon Hall Isolation requirements:
- Assesses daily calls for all students in isolation.
- Evaluates concerns or urgent symptoms, need for transport for medical care and or any other concerns, including barriers to remain in isolation.
- Conducts in person or tele health nursing evaluation to any student reporting worsening or concerning symptoms.
- Accepts, evaluates, and orients patients into the hall from Hazen or another residential hall.
- Assists students in meeting all health and wellness needs.
- Assesses and evaluates for any mental health needs.
- May assist with meal delivery and trash pickup as needed.
Gordon Hall Quarantine requirements:
- Monitors temperatures and symptoms daily for quarantined students and assess for symptoms of COVID-19 and/or any other medical situations that may arise.
- Conducts in person or telehealth nursing evaluation to any student reporting a fever and or any symptoms of illness in Gordon Hall.
- Reports fevers and or symptoms to Director as needed.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, the RN will move students into isolation should they develop COVID-19 symptoms.
- This includes assists with transfers from a residential hall to Gordon hall.
- Arranges for COVID-19 testing as necessary.
Weekend Coverage if Gordon Hall is not open includes:
- Assists in review of all SUNY Brockport students daily symptom tracker, including outreach and follow up to students reporting positive COVID-19 symptoms and or contact with COVID-19.
- Facilitates residential students with COVID-like symptoms and/or needing a quarantine move from the residential setting into Gordon Hall.
- Generates forms to get services started for students needing to move into Gordon Hall.
- Conducts telephone calls and/or telehealth visits to all residential students in isolation.
- Reports to MCDH the status of all students in residential isolation.
- Shares in weekend, holiday and evening coverage as needed.
- Adheres to the legal and ethical standards of New York State and the nursing profession.
- Associate's Degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Valid New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an inclusive environment with a variety of constituents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Experience in ambulatory setting, emergency room or home care setting.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to handle personal situations in a sensitive, inclusive and respectful manner.
- Critical thinking and ability to take action in a calm manner, to assess various situations independently.
- Thorough understanding of Covid-19, transmission, early identification and mitigation to stop the spread of the virus as well as issues that may impact a college setting.
Temporary per diem weekend and on call availability:
Symptom Tracker review and follow up and evaluation of ill students -Weekends- 10 am-5pm, 24 hour on call for the weekend, possible remote work.
Symptom tracker hours are not guaranteed. On call hours are guaranteed.
Limited needed but possible-Gordon Hall (isolation and quarantine hall) coverage: Monday - Friday, Saturday & Sunday Days 7am-7pm
Symptom Tracker review and follow up with ill students -Weekends- 10 noon-5pm, possible remote work
Must have a personal computer, internet and WIFI access and personal cell phone to work remotely.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.