|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
Duties include, but not limited to clerical activities related to a busy Health and Counseling clinic.
Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service in a polite, professional manner to students, parents, campus community members and constituents. This includes in-person interaction, via phone, as well as electronic communications like email and secure messaging.
Phone Management: Answer Health and Counseling Center phones in a professional manner and route calls to appropriate office or staff member by identifying nature and urgency of student’s request/call as well as manage phone messaging system.
- Schedule coordinate and optimize student appointments, including same day and urgent requests using the electronic scheduling system for both the Health and Counseling Centers
- Global understanding of the scheduling system and clinic flow
- Provides direction and trouble-shooting for technology issues, including self-check-in area
- Ensures insurance information and demographic information are correct in the practice management system before the student’s visit
- Use of office computer software including Microsoft Teams, Excel and Word
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures
- Routes patient correspondence and information as required
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail and reports
- Sort/delivers mail to designated personnel within the building
- May assist with work orders for departments such as IT, telecommunications and facilities
- Fax, copy, scan, email and address administrative request forms
This is a temporary appointment only.
||37.5 hrs/week, Monday - Friday, 8 hour day-actual start and end times will vary based on clinic needs/staffing
|Salary and Benefits:
||$15.26 / hour. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Submit your application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (one being a current supervisor) at jobs.brockport.edu.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.