|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for an Associate Director for Student Activities Programming. The person in this role contributes in a significant way to the creation of and cultivation of affinity with the institution and work within, and when applicable, challenges and preserves institutional culture, expectations, and traditions. The Associate Director will engage deeply in supporting and advising a wide range of student organizations, ensuring students learn and implement strategies for effective organization management. They will assume responsibility for numerous human resource functions, including identifying and hiring student and professional staff, as well as the recruitment and retention of volunteers. The Associate Director oversees a vast array of ongoing programs and individual events utilizing a variety of skills to effectively manage both departmental programs and campus wide events. A strong emphasis is placed on advising the programming efforts of Brockport Student Government and campus clubs/ organizations. The Associate Director for Student Activities Programming leads campus initiatives such as Homecoming, Welcome Week, and Family Weekend.
• Master's degree by time of appointment in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or Administration from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Demonstrated experience with student event programming and/or club/organization development.
• Knowledge of the fundamental principles of student development is essential, as is an understanding of the principles of higher education within the context of a vibrant public comprehensive college.
• Computer skills, including a working knowledge of social media, Microsoft Office, EMS, employee scheduling software and desktop publishing.
• Ability to simultaneously show initiative in day-to-day functions and work independently and function as part of a team.
• Experience with supervising student leaders.
• Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize these tasks efficiently.
• Excellent communication, negotiating skills, and time management.
• Experience working with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds including BIPOC students, LGBTQ students, first-generation students, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams), web management, Zoom, as well as digital publication applications.
• Knowledgeable of popular social media applications such as Facebook and Instagram.
• Adobe Creative Suite familiarity.
||M-F day hours, some nights and weekends
|Salary and Benefits:
||Minimum salary: $72,659. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.