|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is accepting applicants for anticipated part-time adjunct faculty openings in the Department of Education & Human Development.
- Master's degree in Instructional or Learning Design by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Demonstrated technology background, including but not limited to basic programming, web authoring and designing software, graphics and/or video editing, multiple modalities, or Learning Management Systems.
- Teaching experience in at least one online ID course of any level.
- Minimum of three years of fully online teaching experience, preferably in asynchronous modalities.
- Demonstration of innovative learning solutions and strategies, preferably game-based techniques, and multiple simulations.
- Demonstration of applications of core instructional design principles and processes, in particular ID models and theories.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dedication to student learning and use of learner-centered approach.
- Ph.D. in Instructional or Learning Design, OR completion of all course work for said Ph.D. combined with a Master's or Bachelor's in any Technology related field, including Instructional or Learning Design Technology from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Teaching experience in at least one, online advanced level ID course.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching online, preferably for fully asynchronous modalities.
- Experience using technology for education, including but not limited to using multiple modalities, Learning Management Systems, and full cycle Instructional Systems Design.
- Excellent demonstration of innovative learning solutions and strategies, preferably game-based techniques, and multiple simulations.
- Excellent demonstration of applications of core instructional design principles and processes, in particular ID models and theories.
|Salary and Benefits:
||May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.