|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||The School of Business & Management at SUNY Brockport invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Marketing position to begin in Fall 2023. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in both the face-to-face and online modalities, and actively support the ongoing efforts to enhance the marketing curriculum. The candidate must sustain an active program of scholarship leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals and engage in institutional service. Applicants with experience or interest in teaching Social Media & Digital Marketing, Personal Selling and Sales Management, International Marketing and related courses are especially encouraged to apply. The teaching load is six courses per year. Candidates with a PhD or DBA in Marketing from an AACSB-accredited institution or ABDs with an anticipated 6-month completion target at the time of appointment will be considered.
• PhD or DBA in-hand by Aug 2023 or ABD to be completed within 6 months of appointment from an AACSB accredited business school with a major in Marketing or a related field.
• Demonstrated student focus and teaching effectiveness.
• Scholarly potential demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications or high-quality work in progress.
• Strong work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement, ability to teach in a multi-cultural environment, and collegial with a team-oriented demeanor.
• Ability and willingness to participate in service obligations and commitment to the Department, School, and campus citizenship.
• Completed doctorate in Marketing or related fields from an AACSB accredited business school.
• Refereed journal publications in marketing or related areas.
• Experience teaching courses such as Social Media & Digital Marketing, Personal Selling and Sales Management, International Marketing, and Marketing Analytics
• Qualified, by professional or academic experience, to teach graduate-level courses.
• Experience developing and coordinating curricular and co-curricular programming.
• Experience with community-based and/or service learning.
||Monday to Friday 8AM-4Pm
|Salary and Benefits:
||May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.