• Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• Demonstrated experience with the planning and execution of events.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Ability to work independently, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and work within a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed (nights/weekends/holidays).
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Must have a valid NYS driver's license.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.