|Located in Western New York, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for an Associate Director for Student Activities Programming. The person in this role contributes in a significant way to the creation of and cultivation of affinity with the institution and work within, and when applicable, challenges and preserves institutional culture, expectations, and traditions. The Associate Director will engage deeply in supporting and advising a wide range of student organizations, ensuring students learn and implement strategies for effective organization management. They will assume responsibility for numerous human resource functions, including identifying and hiring student and professional staff, as well as the recruitment and retention of volunteers. The Associate Director oversees a vast array of ongoing programs and individual events utilizing a variety of skills to effectively manage both departmental programs and campus-wide events. A strong emphasis is placed on advising the programming efforts of Brockport Student Government and campus clubs/ organizations. The Associate Director for Student Activities Programming leads campus initiatives such as Welcome Week, Parade of Lights, and Polar Plunge.
• Master's degree from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized institution in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or Administration.
• Demonstrated experience with student event programming and/or club/organization development.
• Knowledge of the fundamental principles of student development is essential, as is an understanding of the principles of higher education within the context of a vibrant public comprehensive college.
• Computer skills, including a working knowledge of social media, Microsoft Office, EMS, employee scheduling software and desktop publishing.
• Ability to simultaneously show initiative in day-to-day functions and work independently and function as part of a team.
• Experience with supervising student leaders.
• Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize these tasks efficiently.
• Excellent communication, negotiating skills, and time management.
• Experience working with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds including BIPOC students, LGBTQ students, first-generation students, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams), web management, Zoom, as well as digital publication applications.
• Knowledgeable of popular social media applications such as Facebook and Instagram.
• Adobe Creative Suite familiarity.
||M-F, nights and weekends
|Salary and Benefits:
||Minimum Salary is $74,583. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.