Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University’s curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint “Village on the Erie Canal,” SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo — the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission. Join the inclusive community of dedicated faculty, staff, and students who together are Building a Better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
||SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for a Scholarship Coordinator. The Scholarship Coordinator is the manager of the Brockport Foundation Scholarship program; manages the student application and notification processes, and collects student stewardship materials through the effective use of the scholarship software program; serves as the primary point of contact for inquiries; promotes scholarship opportunities; coordinates with both internal and external to campus scholarship committees; post scholarships to recipient financial aid packages/accounts; adhere and ensure compliance to donor fund agreements.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, and intercultural skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
• Must be detailed oriented, possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively collaborating with others to achieve desired goals.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
• Ability to adapt within and navigate multiple software databases.
• Ability to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes, in a fast-paced work environment.
• Possess a proven record of personal integrity and confidentiality of information.
• Knowledge and, or experience with university-centric databases / CRM systems such as Ellucian Banner, Slate, and especially scholarship/stewardship CRM systems, such as Blackbaud software products of Award Management, Stewardship Management,
• Experience in higher education advancement/development or non-profit fundraising, or related experience through academic coursework or professional work experience.
• Experience with scholarship administration, fundraising, donor relations or gift/grant administration experience in a higher education setting.
• Commitment to keeping abreast of current trends and challenges in the field of student aid, non-profit organization regulations, and university advancement/development.
• one to three years of experience in a higher education setting.
|Salary and Benefits:
||The Minimum Salary is $50,148.
This position is benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport! This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, at email@example.com. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.