Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University’s curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint “Village on the Erie Canal,” SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo — the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission. Join the inclusive community of dedicated faculty, staff, and students who together are Building a Better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
||SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for an Associate Facilities Program Coordinator. The person in this role will direct the execution of capital construction projects and small projects, focusing on mechanical systems. This person will work with college facilities staff, administrators, faculty, students, contractors, the State University Construction Fund-DASNY, and design professionals for the planning, design, procurement, oversight, inspection, coordination, and commissioning of college capital projects, and small campus maintenance projects. The Associate Facilities Program Coordinator manages all aspects of capital projects for campus academic, residence halls, service buildings and for campus infrastructure; administers procurement of equipment and furnishings for facility outfitting; coordinates planning, design, and construction activities among: Architects and Engineers, state agencies, contractors, vendors, and College faculty and staff. The Associate Facilities Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Facilities Planning and Construction.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related discipline; with five years of relevant experience in Mechanical/Electrical systems, utilities, building structures, facilities, and maintenance.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, project management; proficiency reading and understanding construction blueprints and reading/writing construction specifications.
• Familiarity with computer aided drafting/AutoCAD.
• New York State building code training and/or relevant experience.
• Must possess and maintain a valid state NYS driver’s license and pass LENS certification.
• Possess excellent planning, communication, and coordination skills.
• Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with various internal and external constituencies.
• Experience in planning, design, construction, and project management.
• Practical understanding and experience in construction scheduling, quality assurance, facility renovation and construction projects, systems commissioning; experience in contractual procedures including bid analysis, contract and change order negotiations, cost estimating, RFI and dispute resolutions.
• Versatility and flexibility to function effectively in multiple areas such as site work, utilities, building infrastructure systems, exterior envelope systems, mechanical and plumbing systems, electrical, alarm, and communication systems.
• Firm grasp of current energy conservation methodologies and efficient building systems.
• Advanced education/coursework, licensed design professional as Mechanical Engineer (PE).
• NYS certified Code Compliance Technician (C.C.T.) or Code Enforcement Officer (C.E.O.),
• Experience in design of high-performance buildings and/or renewable energy systems,
• Strong Energy Management knowledge and expertise.
• Professional (planning, design, construction) experience working in a higher education environment.
• Asbestos Project Designer, proficiency with AutoCAD, additional training, and experience relevant to the position.
||M-F / 8 am - 4:00 pm
|Salary and Benefits:
||The Minimum Salary for this position is $76,981.
This position is benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport! This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, AVP for Human Resources and ADA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.