Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University’s curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint “Village on the Erie Canal,” SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo — the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission. Join the inclusive community of dedicated faculty, staff, and students who together are Building a Better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
The Athletics department at SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for an Athletic Equipment Room Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the equipment room operations for SUNY Brockport’s 23 sport NCAA Division III athletic program. This is a full-time 12-month position that reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Oversees the laundry operation for all 23 programs. Including collection, laundering, storing and distribution of game uniforms.
- Allows in-season sports daily opportunity to turn in loops/clothing for proper washing and drying from the equipment staff.
- Coordinates the ordering of equipment for the Athletic department and adhere to all financial and purchasing policies.
- Inventories, distributes, collects, maintains and repairs athletic equipment for 23 varsity athletic programs.
- Requires travel with football to all away competitions to manage athletics gear.
- Attends at all home football games to attend to equipment issues that arise during competitions.
- Identifies, hires, trains, and manages a team of student workers/interns on an annual basis to include daily work assignments and approval of hours.
- Maintains an organized, clean and secure equipment room throughout the year.
- Responsible for issuance of lockers in Tuttle North and South.
- Maintains equipment inventory, monitors the budget, and corresponds with athletic administration and support staff.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with university and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- AEMA Certified or safety certified in fitting football equipment.
- Experience with purchasing and invoicing.
- Higher Education related experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Division III philosophy.
|8:00-4:00 pm, some nights and weekends required.
|Salary and Benefits:
|The minimum salary for this position is $47,261.
May be benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport! This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
|Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, AVP for Human Resources and ADA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.