Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University’s curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint “Village on the Erie Canal,” SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo — the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission. Join the inclusive community of dedicated faculty, staff, and students who together are Building a Better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
|SUNY Brockport seeks a relational, strategic, and visionary leader to build a reimagined Career Design Center. The Career Design Center will create an academic liaison framework to customize services, expand connections, support students’ exploration, and bolster opportunities to obtain valuable experiences and mentoring. There is an interest and institutional readiness to forge partnerships between academic departments and the Career Design Center to co-create initiatives uniquely designed to support the professional development and career readiness of students.
In partnership with university personnel, the Director will structure a three-year strategic and operational plan for integrated career education at Brockport. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders throughout Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management, Advancement and Alumni Engagement, Student Life, and Athletics, as well as a growing network of employers and alumni in order to nurture and expand innovative partnerships, programs, and opportunities to serve students from their first year to postgraduate careers. Developing, positioning, and leading a team of approximately five career development professionals to be a collaborative, action-oriented, and forward-thinking unit for the effective delivery of high quality career education in support of the University mission will also be an important and initial goal for the Director. This position calls for an energetic leader who thrives on connection, collaboration, and authentic engagement with others.
Additional responsibilities include: elevating student employment as a high-impact experiential learning opportunity; optimizing available technology for communication and delivery of services; and implementing effective data collection, analysis, and reporting systems that demonstrate outcomes and inform strategic resource allocation and direction.
● Master’s degree by time of appointment, from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
● 5-7 years of higher education experience with an emphasis in career or experiential education roles.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically, act collaboratively, and lead organizational change.
● Ability to identify and set key performance indicators and interpret data used in decision-making.
● Evidence of success in developing regional and national businesses as partners for student employment and long-term career development.
● Familiarity with current best practices of the profession, including knowledge of unique approaches that align with the academic programs at Brockport.
● Experience managing resources, including budget and technology.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Demonstrated understanding of diversity in an educational setting, including meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
● Evidence of leading organizational growth and change. Experience with program development, implementation, and delivery models serving the needs of students in the liberal arts as well as professional schools.
● Knowledge of effective assessment strategies to inform programs and practice.
● Master’s degree in education, student affairs, or a related field, OR doctoral degree (open disciplinary area).
● 5 or more years of leadership and supervisory experience.
● Teaching experience at the college level.
● Demonstrated ability leading experiential learning programs and developing partnerships with faculty across several disciplines and fields.
● Experience representing a college or university in large-scale programs and with employer partners, alumni, and trustees.
|Salary and Benefits:
|The Minimum Salary for this position is $90,000.
This position is benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport! This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
|Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, AVP for Human Resources and ADA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.